1. I love lists
2. I used to have an obsession with smurfs when I was younger.
3. My first story was about smurfs
4. My favourite teacher ever was Mr Parkes, my Junior 2 teacher, when I was 8.
5. Justine is my nom-de-plume and only 6 people know why
6. I speak 7 languages with varying degrees of fluency
7. I’m a Sagittarius and I don’t believe in horoscopes, except when I do
8. My favourite story is “Gone with the Wind”
9. I have a crush on Clark Gable
10. I also have a crush on Sean Bean
11. I liked school
12. I love metal, but I also love Mika and the Scissor Sisters
13. My most expensive boots cost £250.00 in a sale
14. My most expensive handbag was bought in the airport in Tokyo
15. I love magical realism
16. I wish I was Latin American a lot
17. I love sushi probably more than I love pizza
18. I love margherita pizza
19. I love oregano and basil
20. I salt my food more than I should
21. My favourite novel (not story!) is “The Great Gatsby”
22. My favourite movie is probably “The Outsiders”
23. When I was 13, I wished I had a brother called Sodapop
24. My brother loves me so much he once went through a children’s activity tunnel in the Early Learning Centre, just to make me laugh
25. I always wished I had my sister’s name (Abigail)
26. I love photography, and I’m a bit of a purist about digital. Photography should be hard. It’s an art.
27. I love cakes, especially cream cakes
28. I sometimes listen to opera, and I love Madame Butterfly
29. I can hypnotise people
30. I’ve done 34 marathons in my life, but now my feet are busted : (
31. I’ve got bipolar disorder
32. I’ve got a congenital defect of my hands
33. I don’t like to follow the crowd
34. I despise women with no umph
35. My favourite word is salamander
36. It’s my lifetime mission to read all of Charles Dickens’ novels.
37. I’ve read 6 Charles Dickens’ novels so far
38. I also want to see all of Shakespeare’s plays in production
39. I have two tattoos, both of which I designed myself.
40. Sometimes I look like Medusa in the morning
41. I loved Clash of the Titans
42. I’d love a dog of my own, even though my cat does very well as a pet.
43. I’ve seen the sun rise over the Amazon, and set over the Sahara (not on the same day!)
44. I made a wish in the Meiji temple
45. I love SnoopyWorld in Harajuku
46. My favourite flower is probably the rose
47. I’m very sentimental
48. I love writing letters, and I’ve got all the letters ever sent to me by friends
49. I miss my Gramps every day
50. I love it when my cat caterwauls
51. I wish I had a horse of my own
52. When I was about 15, I used to keep a top ten of all the lads I fancied and sometimes, Steve was on it, but he doesn’t know that. And he probably thinks he’s on more than he is : )
53. I once kissed a boy whose name was Alastair, simply because his name was Alastair
54. My longest relationship was 5 years
55. My favourite little bit of a walk in the whole world is the bit of Dow Lane that goes to Lowercroft dip
56. I once stole a bottle of orange from a doorstep when I was coming home at 5 in the morning
57. I love murder mysteries, especially Harry Bosch and Elvis Cole.
58. I used to think Bowie’s ‘Life on Mars’ was written about me
59. I love dressing up
60. I own a corset from House of Harlot. It’s a prized possession and my most expensive outfit
61. I love Camden Market, even if it is a bit cheesy these days
62. I’m probably a hippie with a power-dresser inside. Or a power-dresser with a hippie inside
63. I have A level religious studies and I’m inclined to ask spiritual questions
64. I once mooned Tokyo from Roppongi Hills Tower
65. I love Georgia O’Keeffe stuff and did my A level Art work in honour of her
66. My favourite photographer is Henri Cartier-Bresson
67. I’m coffee, not tea. And the best coffee I ever drank was in Cuba, freshly ground and brewed, with a slice of banana cake
68. I don’t drink very much, but I love gin and tonic, malibu and coke and other 1980s drinks.
69. I know how to revive hibernating hamsters and gerbils
70. I want to learn how to hybridise my own roses
71. I want to complete my back tattoo with wisteria, maple leaves and snowflakes
72. I believe in mono-no-aware, the bitter-sweet awareness that ‘this too shall pass’ is just as true of happiness as it is of sadness
73. I ran along the Copacabana
74. I went to Brazil because of a book I read: Journey to the River Sea which is a children’s book
75. I went to Japan because of a book I’d read: Across the Nightingale Floor which is a ‘teen’ book by Lian Hearn and my favourite of all children’s books
76. My favourite photographic films are Fuji Superia, Fuji Velvia, Fuji Neopan 1600 and Koday T-Max 400
77. I love to laugh. I like simple things to laugh at, like comedy shows. I love “My Name is Earl” because it makes me laugh, I love Joy and Darnell, and Randy and Catalina almost as much as I love Earl. I love karma and I love Earl’s list.
78. I love language and I love the way words travel like seeds, planting themselves in different cultures, and growing in weird and wonderfully different ways, like obrigado and arigato.
79. I love Italian food, but I love Chinese food probably just as much.
80. I like having a middle name. It’s like a secret no-one knows.
81. I like to wander through markets, but I wish the stallholders would just let me look at stuff instead of asking if I’m looking for something. Sometimes I like to just look and if I’m left alone, I usually buy stuff too.
82. My favourite ‘thin’ clothes are my pencil-thin size 8 Pilot trousers and my Guess jeans.
83. I get easily addicted to online games, especially pointless ones. Once I decide to stop, I can’t see the point any more.
84. I gave up smoking in 1998. I started again in 2008. I stopped again because it all felt a bit pointless and boring.
85. Writing is my passion. Actually, words are my passion.
86. I love Fry’s Turkish Delight
87. I quite like believing in stuff. I’m probably a Buddhist with a bit of Shinto and Christianity thrown in.
88. I love haiku
89. My favourite artists are Hokkusai and the Pre-raphaelites. Bizarre combination, I know
90. I could look at pictures of cute animals all day long
91. I think animals are far superior to many people
92. I make the best carrot cake you will ever eat
93. I was in the last 100 for Masterchef 2009. I didn’t get through. I don’t know why. They had to compliment one guy on making a milk sauce. This was the second thing I learned to make in Domestic Science.
94. I can make my own curtains and blinds
95. I like acrylic paint best of all art forms
96. I am quite compulsive about watching things. I have to watch everything in the series before I can do anything else. Also, I can’t put books down
97. I once had to be rescued off a hill in Cuba when a hurricane came over
98. I’ve been where Fidel Castro and Che hid out
99. President Lula of Brazil is my favourite president of all, though I liked Castro. He’s like a strict dad.
100. I’m proud of how Cuba have stuck two fingers up to the US bureaucracy and mafia-supported in-politics that caused the sanctions on the country. Ironic they’re pretty much the only country the US won’t trade with!