Today’s MLM is a classic hair metal anthem from the late 80s – Poison with Nothin’ but a Good Time.
I know, I know. It’s only been just over a year since my last Poison MLM outing, with Talk Dirty To Me which means if I do 52 in a year and I have 56 since the last one that Poison are in danger of becoming my go-to Much Love Monday band with almost 2% of MLM domination. That says a lot of terrible, terrible things about a person.
Anyway, there is Massive Much Love this Monday in the air.
Better start my list.
- Mrs Verity’s Woofer Walk with the dogs from the Angoulême refuge. About 40 or so people (? More?) turned up to walk the woofers who are temporarily homed at the SPA and it was a hugely wonderful experience. I’m just trying to work out how to fit them regularly into my calendar…
- In particular this old guy… Vito. He’s a 9 year old Breton spaniel. He’s a gentle old soul. I hope he finds a home soon. I’d have snapped him up but the only way another dog comes in through these gates is if it promises to keep Heston from trouble by playing with him in such a way as not to destroy my garden. It’s sad that there are so many male ‘working’ dogs in the SPA – guard dogs, attack dogs, hunt dogs. If they can’t do their job, off to the pound, it seems. However it’s just as likely they’re a little harder to rehome than any cute Yorkies or Shiitsus that come in.
- The surprise party we had for Madame V afterwards. Let me tell you it is very difficult to organise a surprise party for such a suspicious and stubborn person. I even had to do an entry some seconds too late through a kitchen window.
- The amazeballs cake that Deb made.
- The total dedication with which my friends applied themselves to the costumes, which were The Only Way is Essex related. Orange tans, big hair, slutty dresses and all manner of things including cleavage and vajazzle. If you don’t know this programme, it’s an experience with its own vocabulary, let me tell you.
- The fact that I got back and JUST managed to get my NaNoWriMo 50,000 words finished for the midnight deadline. I’m about halfway through writing a novel tentatively titled The House of Our Fathers which is a sci-fi story about revolution.
- The fact I have finished my woolly hat and have mostly finished the beading for my second craft project. I promise you I will finish it.
- The fantastic sunrises and sunsets we’ve been getting this last week. Last night, I stepped outside at 11pm and the stars were utterly epic.
- The wonderful blue skies and cold winter mornings. I hate wet winters. Biting cold it might be, but it is beautiful.
- This video of Miley Cyrus’s Wrecking Ball performed by a guy on Chatroulette , a website where you can video chat to random people. The guy’s face at 2 minutes in is hilarious.
The guy’s face is like this:
It’s like his eyes have been violated. If this doesn’t bring you a laugh on Monday morning, nothing will. Just watch the reactions.
Anyway, I have several weeks’ worth of cleaning, washing, drying, mopping and tidying to do – being so busy last week really took its toll on my housework! This is a bit of a joke because I used to live in a pristine house and now I live in a dirty house where I trekked straw in from cleaning the chicken house out and I really did think ‘oh, great! I should just put straw down!’. This week is slightly less busy. Deliveries are finished, books met deadlines. I have a handful of articles to write and a lunch during the week for those bodies who helped out at a charity event I took part in last month. Hopefully, normal blogging will now be resumed!