I’m struggling to think of even one resolution for the new year. I don’t smoke, I don’t drink. I am frugal. I could do with some more exercise, certainly. There will be a good few resolutions that will carry over from 2012 into this year, so at least it will keep me busy. Out of the 50 so far, I’ve only done 22 of them. I say ‘only’ because that’s still a lot of stuff I’ve done.
My resolutions 51-60 from last year were as follows…
51. Add a little loveliness to my life every month. I don’t know whether I did this or not. I think I did. I wasn’t really keeping check.
52. Spend less than I earn. Definitely. I was a frugal creature this year.
53. Make a start on the cabin as it transforms into the most amazing uber-kitsch stopover point for anyone who wants to stay in it. I made a start. Let’s just say it’s a work in progress. I haven’t got any photos to show you yet, but it looks a whole lot better than it did.
54. Paint some more t-shirts. I painted a couple for Steve and Jake for their birthdays. I don’t know why but I can’t find Steve’s photo. It was AC:DC’s Hells Bells in Latin. It was pretty good. I did a couple of others as well that are knocking about. I did this one in 2010. I realise it’s not everyone’s strawberry daiquiri, but I thought it was pretty good.
55. Make 10 completely new recipes. This is another that I don’t know if I did or not. I think I did. Like I made these mincemeat chelsea buns on Christmas Eve.
I’m trying to think of any recipes I’ve made that I hadn’t before. A chickpea and chorizo soup. A beetroot chutney. Probably I did this but next year, I want to keep them all as archived files so I remember what I did!
56. Go inside the chateau at La Rochefoucauld, instead of just looking at it from the outside
As I had expected, it was very wonderful. It has a great library, fantastic staircase and is actually a U shape, not a square. I need to do more visitings of places.
57. Document my village on camera. I did a little. I started with La Rochefoucauld, rather than my own village. I did some, but not enough.
58. Document La Rochefoucauld on camera. As above.
59. Go to lady lunches with friends. I did plenty of lunching. So much lunching that I need a diet.
60. Learn two new recipes off by heart. Honestly, I don’t know. I have such a wide repertoire now that I can’t remember much using a recipe book. I guess I did, if I can remember the things that I used to make. Meh.
Anyway, with only five days in the year left, I better get on with thinking about what I want to do in the new year!