I recently got a little award. It’s the versatile blogger award. How cute! Jacqui from French Village Diaries – oh she of the bees like me – gave it to me.
I feel quite honoured because hers is a lovely blog and she always has the kind of life I can only aspire towards – being much further down the Good Life road!
So the deal is this:
Thank the person who gave you this award.
Include a link to their blog.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
Include this set of rules in your post.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
My 15 blogs are as follows:
Three other blogs I follow and love are:
A bit of an eclectic mixture. I’m reminded of whichever dimwit it was on Big Brother who said: “I’m eclectic. I collect things.” Sometimes, before Big Brother got rubbish and is full of plastic wannabe slebs, it was great. All those people have faded into the ether. I do believe that was Glaswegian transgender Sam who said that, but only on research. But I digress. There’s French lifestyle blogs, design blogs, Charentais blogs, writer blogs, garden blogs. And I tried to pick smaller blogs who’d like the backlinks, like I do! All is fair in the SEO battle. I might post fifteen huge blogs I read, too, in the next couple of weeks.
So, seven things about me that the person who gave me the award might not know…
1) I too have forsaken the commuter life to live in France, and if sometimes I forget how much I hated having to leave at 6:50 am just to be at work by 8am, then I just need to remember that awful drive. 29 sets of traffic lights between Bolton and Bury. 36 between Bolton and Clitheroe. I miss take-aways, but I don’t need them anymore because I’m not knackered all the time. I miss Sainsbury’s and I miss Asda. I miss cheap clothes and I miss having my hair cut and coloured every eight weeks. I miss the Trafford Centre and I miss shopping.
But really, it’s a longing for something I know is bad for me, like longing for a cigarette – because capitalism isn’t a healthy lifestyle for me and the rat race is very cut-throat.
2. I wish I had a whole lot of time to do a project or DIY blog, but I rarely finish what I start.
3. I wish I had a cool design or art blog, but I don’t.
4. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I’d dedicated my life to images rather than words.
5. I’m itching to get enough cash to buy a decent second-hand or reconditioned digital SLR camera. Itching, I tell you!
6. Sometimes I look back on my blog posts and think they’ve evolved a lot in three years, and I wonder what it would be like to have a concept blog that’s all on one theme rather than a whole lot of random nonsense. Meh. Such is my life.
7. If I could manage 10 dogs and 20 cats, I’d have them.