It’s sometimes a stretch to find things that I love on a Monday. That’s why I like to do this. It’s always good to have things to feel lovely about.
I am mostly loving:
- Watercolours. Found some cheap board, dug out my watercolours and my stretching tape and remembered why pen and watercolour are my favourite media.
- Black ink pens. I’ve never been a blue girl.
- Being able to get stuff planted.
- Stripy scarves.
- Mince pies.
- Listening to children reading – could do it all day!
- Little Blue Boo. Creative and spiritual inspiration. I ♥ Ashley. If you read no other blog, read hers. Choose Joy.
- Candy skulls and all things Dia de los Muertos.
- All my new clients, whether English, Scottish, French or Spanish.
- Being thought of by a particular friend/colleague – she’s my inspiration and that she thinks enough of me to ask me to write for her, well, that’s just the bee’s knees.
- Cherries in chocolate.
- Getting kids who are excited to learn and parents who see how fabulous their children are.
- My girlfriends. They bring me smiles, they bring me happiness. They make me laugh. They bring me solace and they bring me comfort. They are my treasures.
- Having finished the first of the front sides of my knitting pattern – the one with all the complicated ‘k1, yfwd, yrn, p2tog’ nonsense. I blasted through that there pattern.
- My new orange painted lean-to. Thank you to Mr Stephen for painting it. Just for those concerned parties, he doesn’t have a list and I’m not working his fingers to their bones!
- Teaching a lesson using fimo modelling clay. I love teaching English! I’m obviously a frustrated primary school teacher!
- Getting referrals from other tutors out over here. When your peers respect you, there’s no better feeling.
- The excitement of a busy work time ahead. I’m missing my garden, but my fingers are keeping me busy!!
- Finding stuff to laugh about in the midst of something not very funny
- Losing my glasses and not being able to find them because I’ve not got them on my head then having to hunt them out with my hands like the witches in Clash of the Titans orthe funny odd scary creature in Pan’s Labyrinth.
- Getting taken out by the girls. And I don’t mean in a hit man kind of a way. I ♥ lunchtime with ladies. Here’s to many more!
- Blue skies
- Chatty ladies in the post office
- The beautiful nativity scene in the church at La Rochefoucauld, even though it’s full of old people (the creche, not the church) and I especially love the twinkly stars and the bakery. I’m not sure there was a French-style bakery in Bethlehem, but who cares?
- Being the only person in the post office and not having to queue
- Looking forward to seeing my little students who I haven’t seen since before Christmas