This gloomy, rainy Monday, I’m mostly loving:
- New Year. Yay! I love New Year. It’s like someone gives you a clean exercise book. You know your last exercise books got a bit dirty and tatty and you put love hearts with boys’ names all over them, but a new book is always cool. The New Year is like this too.
- Getting my seeds out to plant – I’ve got my January work order list ready and I’m heating up the propagator
- Finishing two super-cool presents for Steve and Jake which you will see probably Wednesday when we’ve got our Christmas out of the way.
- Lovely friends who invite you for parties where you meet lots of fab people.
- Finishing the back panel of the cardigan I’m knitting.
- A bit of embroidery I’ve done.
- All the rain. Our soil is going to be SO good.
- When Tilly Popsicle scratches her belly with her back leg when she’s standing up.
- When Molly tells me it’s tea-time by coming and resting her head on my lap.
- Reading Ce Cher Dexter
- Great Expectations. It was a fab series with excellent casting. I always like how a thoughtful director can turn a character. I like scary, traumatising Miss Havishams like Carol Ann Duffy’s poem, and I like delicate, ghostly, ephemeral Miss Havishams like Gillian Anderson. Ray Winstone was inspired.
- The fact that Coriolanus is out soon. How I love this play. How Shakespeare understands how the plebiscite can turn on the politician… how human our leaders can be… how insightful this play is as a lesson for our times. Oh, how I long to watch it! Ralph Fiennes as Caius Marcius Coriolanus, Brian Cox as Menenius and Gerard Butler and Aufidius. Genius. Can’t wait for it.
- That looking for the trailer, I found the trailer for Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy – something else I really, really want to watch! Then I found The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Another one to watch.
- Homeland – the series about the CIA and a returned prisoner-of-war. Excellent. Except it never explained how the bad guys were getting all the information ahead of time. I was sure there must be a mole!
- Rizzoli and Isles. Another genius show. I’ve only been watching two things these last two weeks, and these have been it. A modern day Cagney and Lacey. Love!
- Being Rick-rolled. Still funny after all these years!