My friend Wendy over at Herding Cats in Hammond River has honoured me with a Memetastic award, conceived by Jillsmo at Yeah, Good times!
I’m such a smartarse, I already knew what a meme was, and who conceived the notion of memes. Personally, I like accidentally simultaneous memes myself. Just to add to my smart-alec-ness.
Anyway, there are several rules and then you have to pass it on. I shall do my best to pass it on, but I think I read a lot of the same stuff that Wendy does, so our links might be similar!
he rules for accepting The Memetastic Award are as follows:
1. You must proudly display the “absolutely disgusting graphic” (her words) that Jillsmo created in your post [check].
2. You must list 5 things about yourself, and 4 of them must be bold-faced lies (I can totally do that…it will be fun!).
3. You must pass this award on to 5 bloggers that you either like or don’t like or don’t really have much of an opinion about. I’ve decided to
pick on pass it on to bloggers I haven’t previously spread lies good words about.
4. If you FAIL to follow Rules #1-3, Jillsmo will become the stalker from hell (or something to that effect)…I’m not tempting fate on that one!
5. Once you’re finished, please link your celebratory post back to The Memetastic Hop, so Jillsmo can see how far her diabolical scheme has gone.
I am unfortunately not so good at bold-faced lies about myself on account of there are few things I haven’t done… Meh. I am too
adventurous and talented big-headed for my own good.
Anyway… here are mine:
1. I liberated Caen with my sister. We were employed by the midget branch of the Maquis and sent down to Caen to free it from Nazi occupation. Che Guevara studied my memoires on the subject and used it as inspiration for his life’s work. He asked to meet me, but I was deep behind the Iron Curtain at that point and I couldn’t get out from deep cover. In Cuba, there is a revolutionary song about me and Celia Sanchez.
2. I played the original Wonder Woman.
3. For some time, I went out with Dave Mustaine from Megadeth, until Axl Rose started causing complications by dragging up the past. There’s nothing that Dave can’t stand other than other ginger rockers making drama for him. P.S. Dave’s curtains don’t match the carpet, if you know what I mean.
4. I was going to write “my father is a serial killer and kept me locked in the basement until I was 18, but that doesn’t fit with the Caen story, so make up your own lie on my behalf about this early picture.
Instead, I am going for the line that my mother and I wore identical outfits until I was 23. That should do it.
5. I once mooned (potentially) 29,000,000 people from the top of Roppongi Hills Tower in Japan. It’s not often you get an opportunity to bare your behind to an entire city. I don’t have a picture of this, but that doesn’t mean it’s not true or it didn’t happen. My friend Lynne will vouch for me.
I’m going to pass this on to:
I’m not adding any more because I’m sensitive about people who probably had it already or who will be meme-overdosed!!
2 thoughts on “I’m memetastic!”
My favourite is #3, Lady Justine! It’s a shame that didn’t work out for you!
Izzie’s a good choice (she gave me the Bloody Brilliant Blogger Award last summer!)…
You know these rocker men… such drama queens. Elton John has a lesson to learn from them!